Lodge Rules & Instructions – Vern’s Creekside Retreat
Very Important Rules
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and Check-out time is 11a.m. No exceptions!
- Limit of 50 people staying on property (15 max staying in the home)
- NO smoking, NO pets on the premises. There is a $200 fine for not following these rules.
- Quiet hours are from 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. We do not want to disturb our neighbors.
- Don’t use metal utensils on the pans.
- Be sure to NOT pour any grease or chemicals, facial tissue, diapers, etc down the drain or toilet.
- Water Use: Please keep showers to a minimum time and baths to a minimum amount of water. Don’t plan on doing your laundry at the home. It is only for emergencies. It is very taxing on our septic system with showers & washing all the sheets twice a week.
- Please bring your own wash cloths, bath towels & beach towels. We do provide a good supply of kitchen linens.
- Parking is limited to the east area up to the fence and to the rocks on the south. Do not park on grass beyond the large rocks.
- Please put kitchen items where they belong along with all other items.
- Extra paper towels should be in the cabinet above the refrigerator; Extra toilet tissue is located under each sink of each bathroom.
- Use precaution when using the fire ring at the stream. Keep a bucket of water nearby to put out the fire after use. Fires may be restricted from time to time. Please check prior to arrival.
- Camping in tents are allowed on the lawns. We have to keep watering the lawns during your stay in order to keep the lawns looking this green. We try to water areas that you use after dark and areas that you normally don’t use during the day.
- Please take special precaution if your young children are sleeping on any mattress that the mattresses do not get soiled or wet.All the beds have clean sheets. We suggest you bring sleeping bags for the ones who want to sleep on the floor and possibly the futons.
- Please do not sit on the comforters in order to keep them in good shape. Many are not washable, just dry cleanable. Just lift up the edge of the comforter to sit on the beds.
- We prefer only adults or knowledgeable youth operate the electronic equipment (TV, VCR, DVD) & HV.
- Please read the instructions for the fireplace before using.
- Lost & Found: We are not responsible for items left at the Lodge. They will be discarded after 30 days.
Questions? Visit our Questions and Answers page.