Rules & Instructions – Grizzly Bear Cabin
Very Important Rules
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and Check-out time is 11a.m. No exceptions!
- This property is limited to 35 persons
- NO smoking, NO pets on the premises. This property has been pet free so no worries about your allergies. There is a $200 fine for not following these rules.
- Quiet hours are from 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. . We do not want to disturb our neighbors. Also, no loud parties are allowed!
- Please take off your shoes if they get muddy and leave near the door on the mats
- No fireworks permitted – ever.
- Be sure to NOT pour any grease or chemicals, facial tissue, feminine products, diapers, etc. down the drain or toilet.
- We are on a sewage grinder pump and nothing can go in except septic approved toilet paper.
- On a daily basis gather all the trash in the garbage bags and take to the dumpsters. .
- The cabin has two 50-gallon water heaters. Please keep showers to a minimum time and baths to a minimum amount of water to ensure that you don’t run out of hot water.
- Please bring your own wash cloths, bath & beach towels. We do provide a good supply of kitchen linens.
- Please do not adjust the temperatures of the refrigerators. If you turn them too cold, they will freeze up. Please allow the refrigerators to cool your warm food at least 24 hours before calling us with problems. This is a natural adjustment when putting room temp food in a fridge.
- Parking is limited to the following: Seven spaces in front of the Cabin and 5 spaces in back. Trailers or other cars are to be parked in the area just beyond the parking area on the way to the beach. Do not park or stop in the 10 foot wide road going out to the beach. It is considered the street even though it is grassy.
- For snow removal please call the housekeeper (435-881-1560) or property manager (520-404-5211). The city (435-946-2901) removes the snow from the street, not driveway. Please call the property manager or housekeeper for snow removal from the parking spots and the stairs.
- Please put kitchen items where they belong along with all other items.
- Extra paper towels should be in the cabinet above the refrigerator.
- Extra toilet tissue is located under each sink of each bathroom.
- Please do not trespass onto our neighbors’ property to the north.
- The speed limit for ATV’s on the beach is 15mph, 5 mph on the property & must have a license, helmet, proper insurance .
- Gas BBQ’s are allowed: There is one BBQ grill on the deck of the cabin which is connected to the cabin’s propane tank.
- Please take special precaution if your young children are sleeping on any mattress that the mattresses do not get soiled or wet. All the beds have clean sheets. We suggest you bring sleeping bags for the ones who want to sleep on the floor.
- Please do not sit on the comforters in order to keep them in good shape. Many are not washable, just dry cleanable. Just lift up the edge of the comforter to sit on the beds, please. With so many people using sunscreen & suntan oils, the comforters can get ruined very quickly.
- To keep the cabin cool in the summer:
- Keep the blinds closed as much as possible. Feel free to adjust them in the open or closed position. Close in the morning, open at 11am.
- Keep doors and windows closed, unless you wish to use cross-ventilation to let fresh air into the cabin. Please turn off the AC if you do this.
- Do not set the thermostat lower than 75 degrees during the day as it will freeze up. The thermostats have been pre-programmed to provide optimal comfort during the day and night.
- We prefer only adults or knowledgeable youth operate the electronic equipment (TV, VCR, DVD) & HV.
- Hooking up games to the TVs is not allowed. You will be responsible for the cost of a technician to fix it.
- Don’t leave any liquids on the furniture.
- Please do not overstuff washers.
- Lost & Found: We are not responsible for items left at the home. They will be discarded after 30 days. $25 charge to return items.
- Call Joyce at 520-404-5211 or 888-296-8636 if you have any question or problems
- 24 hour contact person: Joyce cell: 520-404-5211 (year-round), 208-945-1400 (summer only) or Joanne cell: 435-881-1560, home 435-946-3272.
Questions? Visit our Questions and Answers page.