Lodge Rules & Instructions – Bear Lake Lodge
Very Important Rules
- Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and Check-out time is 11a.m. No exceptions!
- Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m. We do not want to disturb our neighbors.
- We have put 3 leather sofas in the great room. Please take special care of these. Keep sun, food and liquids off them.
- NO smoking, NO pets on the premises. This property has been pet free so no worries about your allergies. There is a $200 fine for not following these rules.
- Don’t use metal utensils on the pans.
- Don’t overstuff the washer.
- Do not raise the wood blinds. Feel free to adjust them in the open or closed position.
- We are on a septic system: Be sure to not pour any grease, chemicals or bleach down the drain or toilets.
- Water usage: Please keep showers to a minimum time and baths to a minimum amount of water. Don’t plan on doing your laundry at the Lodge. It is only for emergencies. It is very taxing on our septic system with washing all the sheets twice a week.
- Be sure to bring your own wash cloths, bath & beach towels. We do provide a good supply of kitchen linens
- Please put kitchen items where they belong along with all other items.
- Extra paper towels should be in the cabinet above the fridge; extra toilet paper is located underneath the sink in each bathroom.
- An irrigation ditch runs diagonal across the property from Fish Haven Creek. This runs most of the year so you will need to watch the children that they don’t fall in. It varies in width: 1-2 feet & about 1 foot deep. It is used to water the property.
- Please do not trespass onto our neighbors’ property. Stay within the fenced just around near the Lodge.
- Snowmobiles and ATV’s may drive alongside Hwy 89 to get into the back country in Idaho, not in Utah. You can access the canyons by going north and turning left just past St Charles Post Office. That will take you into Green Canyon which accesses all the backcountry trails.
- All the beds have clean sheets, remaining bedding for the sofa sleepers & futons are in the upstairs hall closet.
- We have some blankets and pillows for those sleeping on the12 floor mats downstairs. We suggest you bring sleeping bags.
- We have installed an evaporative cooler for more comfort, otherwise the guests in the basement freeze w/ AC. Please open windows about 3-4 inches where you want the cool air to draft through, thus pushing out the hot air. (Keep kitchen window open at least 6 in.)
- Keep in mind that you will be responsible for any damage including the pool table, etc. Do not try to move the pool table or get up on it. It has been professionally installed and leveled and would cost $300+ to be reinstalled, leveled or felt replaced.
- We prefer only adults or knowledgeable youth operate the electronic equipment (TV, VCR, DVD) & HVAC.
- Please put back everything as you found it so the housekeeper will have less work. Don’t move the furniture.
- Please don’t let the children peel off the rubber on the ping pong paddles.
- There are some first aid items in the upstairs master bathroom medicine cabinet and drawers.
- Lost & Found: We are not responsible for items left at the Lodge. They will be discarded after 30 days.
Questions? Visit our Questions and Answers page.